Monday, April 13, 2020

Every Day is Today

 

Woke up this morning feeling much better. What a good night sleep and an extra melatonin pill will do for you. Yesterday I was prepared to do a two day home isolation under the feeling sick rule, and was trying to figure out how to get tested, but now I am feeling great. I am really trying to keep getting good sleep and take care of myself.

Yesterday I read a couple articles about dreams, and it seems I  (Me and Sponge Bob) am not the only person having crazy dreams.

Is coronavirus stress to blame for the rise in bizarre ‘lockdown dreams’?

The meaning behind your strange coronavirus dreams

This morning Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York today declared the worst is over. He cited lower rates of hospitalizations.

New York governor says worst of pandemic 'is over'

I am hoping the same will soon be true here. I know we are behind New York. How much I am not certain? And how much lower our peak will be than theirs I also don’t know.

It is a fierce some blustery day today. With driving rain and a wind that I am worried is going to take our hospital tent right off the mountain before we ever get to use it, if we do need to use it.

Last night I watched some of the recent Saturday Night Live from Home show, which as a fan, I found really boring. I did enjoy Tom Hanks.

Tom Hanks Talks Coronavirus Recovery in ‘SNL At Home’ Opening Monologue

One line he said, struck me.

"There’s no such thing as Saturdays anymore. Just every day is 'Today.'”

I find that to be true and am trying to enjoy each day as it comes.

No one knows what tomorrow holds yet, but there are hopeful signs.