Sunday, October 04, 2020

Wayne Cabral

 Wayne Cabral died a couple days ago after a brief illness.  Wayne stopped working for us a number of years ago when he went to work as a paramedic for one of the area towns.  I worked with a few times when he was an EMT over twenty years ago before he became a paramedic himself.  He was respected by us all.  Also a super nice guy.  I never saw him without a smile, even when he was down.  He'd flash that smile and it made you feel the world was a good place.  Even though he didn't work for us, I still saw him often at the hospitals when he was bringing his patients in.  I saw him just a couple weeks ago.  He was the kind of guy you didn't just say hi and nod to, you wanted to stop and really say hi, good to see you, man.

A Go Fund Me Page has been set up for his family.  

Memorial Fund for Wayne Cabral

I'm sixty-two myself now, at the age when I am starting to see ghosts, and instead of being alarmed, I am reassured by their sight.  I know I will see Wayne again.  You work the streets as long as he did, and you become a part of them forever.