Monday, June 23, 2008

Minimum Security Prison

It's punchout time so I can post this:

Quiet day. Nothing going on for 12 hours, except a lot of rain. I worked some on the computer, surfed the net for awhile. I spent an hour or so cleaning up the supply closet. I had a bowl of soup for lunch. I watched some TV -- nothing good on. One of my partners had dibs on the show. Anita -- we call her MA -- she's 80 years old, but you don't want to cross her, so I was stuck watching The Young and the Restless. That guy Victor -- the rich debonair older dude with the mustache -- was getting married again. MA's been watching the show since the 1950's. She figures it is the sixth time Victor has gotten married. I snoozed a little in the arm chair, read the paper, had some more soup. I wanted to get some exercise, maybe walk outside around the building, but it was raining too hard, so I couldn't go out. I just sat by the window and looked at the rain falling in the puddles.

In another a couple minutes, the door is going to open and I'll finally be out of here.