Thursday, April 26, 2007

Random Comments

Random Comments at the ER this Week

"I'm the only nurse for 30 patients so its going to be awhile."

"No! No! I just got four new patients. I cannot take another. I'm calling her back. She's going to have to put him some place else. We're full here! No! No! No!"

"We don't do appointments at the ER. We only do emergencies. You're going to have to call the doctor's office and take her there, because we don't do that here." (Surprise, you do now.)

"You can put her in the hallway...if you can find a bed."

***

Random Comments from Patients this Week

"I figured I'd get seen quicker this way."

"Its been going on about a month."

"My doctor didn't return my call."

"I hope I won't be down there long. We're going out to dinner tonight."

"The medicine they gave me yesterday didn't work. Take me to another hospital."

***

Random Comments at the Nursing Home This Week

"There's some blood oozing from around her G-tube. She's a full code, we have to send her in."

"This is the fifth time in two weeks we've sent him in, they need to admit him."

"She needs to be suctioned every hour. We can't manage her here."

"I know, but the doctor wants her evaluated anyway."

***

Random Comments from Patient Family Members this Week

"He's drunk and he's crazy and he punched a hole in the wall. Get him out of here man!"

"All she wants to do is sleep."

"She's been throwing up all night. I can't stay with her. I gotta go to work."

***

Random Comments Directed at Radio.

"I'm not answering that."

"No one else is clear? Com'on!"

"But its almost time for our crew change."

"We're f---ed now. We'll never get out."

***

Random Comments from a Pager

CAN ANYONE CLEAR FOR a 911?