Monday, August 07, 2006

Podcast

I want to apologize for a slowing number of EMS scene call posts in the recent past. I have been very busy working on several projects in addition to working mega hours. I think I am so tired that I am losing my fresh look at each scene and the energy to write about it fully. Maybe I am working too much. I hope that I will soon regain my energy or have some calls that will spark my muse. In the meantime, I am going to highlight some alternative EMS sites that people may want to check out.

Today, I'm recommending The Medic Cast -- an EMS podcast done by a Maryland paramedic named Jamie Davis. When I first heard the term podcast, I thought you needed an IPOD to be able to listen, but I soon found out all you need is a computer. Jamie puts out a biweekly show of 20-30 minutes covering a variety of EMS topics, trends and treatments. His accompanying web page also has interesting and relevant links. I often put the show on and listen while working on my projects. I highly recommend you give his podcasts a try.

Here's the link:

The Medic Cast